Customer Led Project Management
"All we need to kick off the process is your 'idea' and we will find a solution" – Mike Knower, Technical Manager
The Insert Moulding Company offer the complete service, from concept to end component in a controlled environment.
The company often works with OEM's own staff or third party product designers who need our injection moulding expertise with emphasis on the design for manufacture (DFM) cost reduction to compliment the customer's vision of product.
Our professional project management means deadlines are met and product development is not compromised.
We agree objectives and timescales whilst aware of project detail, e.g. the conversion from metal to plastic, complex technical components that have many permutations, combinations of parts, family tools to minimise cost, Far East and UK tooling, concept to design to SLA patterns to tools to end product!
China based staff
Our staff based in China will oversee manufacture of tooling and components. In addition they will undertake the very necessary quality control. This operation is monitored from the UK to ensure that we give the customers continuous feedback on progress.
Low Cost Insert Injection Moulds Tooling Design & Development Support
At the Insert Moulding Company, we have various tooling options available to you with different levels of capability from prototype through to short pre-production runs through to full production quantities.
We can provide you with:
- Low volume : Soft tooling for a few thousand cycles
- Medium volume : P20 (pre toughened) tooling
- Higher volume : Fully hardened tooling in various guises
Where the cost of several mould tools would be prohibitive, we can offer Family tools that produce more than just one component design.
All available in Soft or P20 or Fully Hardened tooling
- Insert Moulding Company have 100+ man years experience of mould design, tool design and manufacture.
- We can tackle the most complex automotive and medical components to simple furniture feet!
- Simple component design can benefit from one of company’s bolsters. This allows for insert design therefore minimizing tool cost and moulding set up. Call Mike Knower today on 01371 876681 to see how you can benefit from our Insert Kits (One tool - Several kits).
- Some customers just tap into our expertise for tool design and undertake manufacture of tooling and components themselves!
- We have an on site Tool Room with E.D.M machine facilities, which means reduced down time and continued production with required modifications managed on site.
Component Design – Product Design & Development Support
The Insert Moulding Company have a team of design engineers fully conversant in product AND mould tool design. Working together they produce component and mould designs that are not as compromised as they might normally be. Working with you they can help to make your idea a reality. Each with more than twenty years of design experience, offering a combined design knowledge in excess of 120 years.
From initial ideas, sketches & discussions your product takes shape. Your input is invaluable. Our interpretation adds substance to your concepts.
Model components can be produced using Stereolithography (SLA) techniques, allowing accurate assessment of product aesthetics.
Our design team often work with OEM's own staff or third party product designers who need our injection moulding expertise with emphasis on the design for manufacture (DFM) cost reduction to compliment the customer's vision of product.